I loved yesterday morning. One of my favorite things about summer break is having all of the littles, one by one, file into my room and climb into bed with me. We talked, looked at our summer fun list, and dreamed about what all the summer would hold for us.
One of the things that the littles wanted to do was go on our Nature Scavenger Hunt.
I was behind on a few things, so I quickly made them a smoothie to hold them off until breakfast, started making the scavenger hunt list, and caught up on some laundry.
Mid-morning, we were finally ready to head out on our adventure.
They were so excited to get to the walking trail behind the park and start collecting the items on the list.
We found everything much quicker than I thought that we would, but that was okay. I was so proud of them all for getting into the spirit of the adventure.
After we collected all of the items on the list, we continued on our walk for awhile before ending up at the park to take a water break and play.
It was a great, fun, active way to begin our first summer break morning at home.
We started our summer break in full force yesterday. Since we do not have a set plan of what to do each day, we just woke up, looked at the list, and selected some fun things to do.
One of the things that caught their attention was making popsicles.
While I had made popsicles out of juice before, I had never pureed my fruit and made them that way.
The littles loved them, and, even though they eat plenty of fruit, I still felt great knowing that they were getting some nutrition with their fun afternoon snack.
We will definitely be making plenty more popsicles duringour summer break. The fun has only just begun.
Happiness is a rainy day at home with my littles. Gabriel and Ethan are both home from school because they both still had fever last night. But, they are feeling better this morning. A lazy, restful day at home is just what the doctor…and the momma…ordered.
Happiness is witnessing the kind, loving, gentle nature of my littles. As a mom, I can honestly say that those are qualities that are extremely important to me in raising my children.
Happiness is a Valentine’s Day that just kept going and going.
Happiness is being a mom.
Happiness is having a papa who loves to humor his little girl.
Happiness is pancakes. We love pancakes, and they are just as good for dinner as they are for breakfast. After a crazy afternoon of appointments yesterday, I did not know what to make for dinner. Breakfast for dinner immediately came to mind. Pancakes are always delicious, and deciding to make strawberry chocolate chip ones was the maybe the best decision that I made all day. Make these pancakes for breakfast this weekend because they are sure to make your mouth very, very happy.
Strawberry Chocolate Chip Pancakes
3/4 cup milk
1 tablespoon vinegar
3 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg, slightly beaten
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat the griddle to 375.
- Add the vinegar to the milk and set aside. This will create buttermilk. If you prefer to just use buttermilk, you can do that, too.
- Add the butter to a large mixing bowl, and melt it in the microwave for about 30 seconds.
- Remove it from the microwave, and add the egg and vanilla.
- Slowly whisk in the buttermilk.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the sugar, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the buttermilk mixture, and stir to combine.
- Gently fold in the strawberries and chocolate chips.
- Using a small ladle, add about 1/4 cup of the pancake mixture to the griddle, one scoop at a time. I usually cook about 6 at a time on my griddle. Cook for about 3-4 minutes, until it starts to bubble a little, and then flip. Cook on that side for about 2-3 minutes, and then move from the griddle to a plate.
- Continue until all of the mixture has been used. This recipe makes about 10 medium-sized pancakes.
Have a happy weekend!
I shared this recipe at Six Sisters’ Stuff, Gingerbread, Dwell on Joy, Foodie Friday, Whipperberry, Sweet as Sugar Cookies, Rattlebridge Farm, 30 Days, Lady Bird Ln, Simply Sweet Home, Jennifer Cooks, Alli ‘n Sons and Tidy Mom.