Happy New Year – Recipe: Taco Dip
With the exception of taking Gabriel to the doctor for bronchitis, we had a quiet, peaceful New Year’s Eve at home.
We had delicious snacks,
and celebrated the end of one year and the beginning of a new one.
I made this delicious taco dip, which we all love. It is so easy to throw together, and it can easily be adapted, according to what toppings each family member desires.
1 pound ground beef
1 package of taco seasoning
2/3 cups of water
1 can refried beans (we usually use black refried beans)
16 ounces of sour cream
1 cup of cheddar cheese, shredded
- Add ground beef to a pan and cook over medium high heat.
- Drain the grease and add the taco seasoning and water. Reduce the heat to low and cook for another 3-5 minutes.
- In an 8x8 glass pan, spread the refried beans and cook in the microwave for 2 minutes.
- Spread the sour cream onto the beans.
- Add the taco meat to the top of the sour cream.
- Sprinkle the cheese onto the taco meat.
- Garnish with cilantro.
- You can stop there, or you can continue to add your choice of toppings - salsa, avocado, jalapeno, onions, etc.
- Serve with your choice of chips.