Recipe: My Favorite Granola
I love granola. I often eat it for breakfast with yogurt and fruit, pack it for a snack at work, or grab a handful when I am craving something sweet.
Back in March, during spring break, I had some extra time to test some recipes. I knew as soon as I saw this Honey-Vanilla Granola over at Kitchen Meets Girl that I would love it.
I have made it almost weekly. It is the perfect combination of everything that I love about granola – slightly sweet, crunchy, and delicious.
2 large egg whites
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup canola oil
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
3 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
Whatever mix-ins you prefer - dried fruit, nuts, chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together egg whites, brown sugar, honey, oil and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Add oats and stir it all together.
- Spread onto your lined baking sheet in an even, thin layer.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, rotate pan, and bake for another 10-15 minutes. When the edges start to brown, it is ready.
- Remove pan from oven, and place it on a wire rack. Allow to cool for 30 minutes. As it cools, it will become harder, which will result in a crunchier granola.
- Once cool, break granola into chunks, and sprinkle in your favorite mix-ins.