Lazy Summer Breakfasts – Recipe: Peanut Butter Nutella Bagel French Toast with Strawberries and Bananas
The littles are not huge breakfast eaters. They prefer cereal or smoothies, and I am great with that most days. It is easy, and sometimes easy is good.
There are other days when I want something a little different. Today was one of those days.
I checked the pantry and refrigerator and decided to create something new.
Bagel thins, peanut butter, Nutella, strawberries, and bananas were all calling me to make them into French toast. And, I am so glad that they did. While the littles were happily eating their cereal, I was enjoying a special mommy breakfast, complete with a fancy cup of tea.
Peanut Butter Nutella Bagel French Toast with Strawberries and Bananas
3 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
1 tablespoon milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 banana, sliced
5-6 strawberries, sliced
1 tablespoon peanut butter, per serving of French toast
1 tablespoon Nutella, per serving of French toast
- Whisk together the egg, whipping cream, milk, cinnamon, and vanilla. Set aside.
- Add butter to skillet or large cooking pan and heat over medium high heat. Make sure the melted butter covers the entire pan.
- Place the bagel thins into the milk mixture. Dip both sides into the mixture.
- Put the bagels into the skillet. Cook on each side for 2-3 minutes, until the milk mixture has hardened around it.
- Place the bagels slices onto a cutting board.
- Spread one side of one bagel thin half with peanut butter.
- Add the banana slices to the top.
- Place another bagel thin half on top of the bananas.
- Spread Nutella on that slice, and top with the strawberries.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar all over it. Serve with extra bananas and strawberries.