Summer Cooking – Recipe: Beef, Portobello, and Grilled Onion Sliders
I have not been posting as many new recipes this summer.
For the first month, I was in school and spending every spare second either studying or entertaining three precious littles.
Now that I have school marked off my list, I can continue with our summer fun list and start cooking up fun, new food again.
Yesterday was one of those days where I looked in my refrigerator and pantry and decided that I wanted to create something. Since I had slider buns, I decided to start there.
What I ended up with was a delicious slider burger, complete with portobello mushrooms, onions, and cheddar cheese. It brought some sunshine into the kitchen on our lazy, rainy summer day.
Beef, Portobello, and Grilled Onion Sliders
2 pounds ground beef
1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon pepper sauce
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 teaspoons seasoned salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
3 tablespoons butter
1 onion, diced or cut into rings (I did both)
1 portobello mushroom, diced
2-3 tablespoons beef broth
Lia Marie's garlic spread.
Preparing the Beef
- Add the ground beef, worcestershire sauce, pepper sauce, cheese, 1 teaspoon seasoned salt, and pepper to a bowl.
- Mix together using clean hands.
- Form into small, roundish hamburger patties, the size of a slider roll.
- Heat skillet over medium heat.
- Add the hamburger patties to the pan.
- Cook on each side for about 7 minutes, browned on both sides.
- Remove from pan and drain on a paper-towel lined plate.
- Drain the grease but do not clean the pan.
- Add the butter to the pan and leave on medium heat.
- Add the onions and 1 teaspoon seasoned salt and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the portobello mushrooms and continue to cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Place the hamburger patties back in the pan, pour in the beef broth, and reduce the heat to low.
- Cook for another 10 minutes, allowing the juices to soak into the hamburger meat.
Preparing the Sliders
- Set the oven to low broil.
- Spread Lia Marie's garlic spread on both sides of the slider buns.
- Broil for about 2 minutes, keeping a careful eye on the buns so that they do not burn.
- Add a hamburger patty, grilled onions, and portobello mushrooms to each of the slider rolls.
- Serve with your choice of condiments and toppings.
Tagged sliders. Bookmark the permalink.