1. Of course, we started the weekend with pizza and movie night. But, before that, we bought some new fish for Gabriel’s fish tank. It is a mini obsession of his right now.
2. Saturday was spent making cupcakes for a dear friend who was hosting a couple’s shower.
3. Since I was in the kitchen baking all day, it was a perfect time to work on Gabriel’s end of the year project. Let me just say that I think Mommas become smarter while their children are in school. I now know more about Ulysses S. Grant than I think I ever knew when I was in elementary school. And, I loved having Sean and Gabriel in the kitchen with me working on the project while I baked. Gabriel finished his paper and is almost finished with his presentation/tri-fold. I am so proud of him!
4. We ended the day in a perfect almost summer fashion by grilling hamburgers and making homemade onion rings. The onion rings were amazingly delicious. I was too hungry to take pictures, but I will be making them again very, very soon. We actually decided to have a weekly hamburger night because it is just so simple and fun.
5. Sunday began with my sweet husband whispering “Happy Mother’s Day” while our very smart dog crawled up to my head, curled up, and started giving me Mother’s Day kisses.
Then, one by one, the littles came in to kiss me, hug, me, tell me “Happy Mother’s Day”, and excitedly let me know that they were working on something special for me.
Sean went to get breakfast while I took my time getting dressed, and we all enjoyed a lazy family Mother’s Day breakfast together.
After breakfast, it was time for presents.
I love flowers and presents, but, on Mother’s Day, my favorite gifts are always the homemade cards and poems. They really outdid themselves this year. Gabriel wrote a letter for each of them, one in his words, one dictated by Summer, and one what he thought Ethan would say. It was perfect.
Gabriel asked Sean to go on a bike ride. Sean said that I should go in his place. While I do not have a bike, I borrowed Sean’s bike, and Gabriel and I went on 4 bike rides throughout the day. It is definitely something that we will do more, especially when I get my own bike. It was fun, and I really enjoyed spending the special time with the boy who made me a momma.
When we returned from our final ride, I had a shower, followed by a nap. It was so nice to wake up in my cozy bed, knowing that it was not only allowed, it was expected, for me to be lazy today.
Sean cooked dinner, which was delicious. While I am the one who cooks the majority of our meals, as I have mentioned before, Sean is an excellent chef, and I love his cooking, especially on special occasions.
It was a perfect day. That is truly the best way to describe it.
6. Inspired by Jessica at How Sweet It Is, I made a breakfast pizza this week. It was a last minute Saturday morning breakfast. I knew that I would be cooking sweets all day, so I decided that I needed a hearty, healthy breakfast in order to make it through taste testing frostings and cupcakes. This pizza totally hit the spot. It was so good that I told Sean breakfast pizzas might become a Saturday morning tradition, especially since we always have pizza dough leftover from Friday night pizza and movie night. If you have never made a breakfast pizza, you should give it a try. As with any pizza, you can create it into whatever you want – fried eggs or scrambled, bacon or sausage, veggies or no veggies, and any kind of cheese. Here is how I did it.
Have a great week!
I linked up at the following:
Skip to My Lou for Made by You Monday
I Should be Mopping the Floor for Mop it Up Monday
Delightfully Dowling for Mangia Mondays
Mrs. Happy Homemaker for Makin’ You Crave Monday
Add a Pinch for Mingle Monday