We had a busy weekend, filled with family, volleyball, soccer, and movies. It feels like it was over in the blink of any eye.
2. Saturday morning started early with my mom and I co-parenting my niece for her volleyball game. It looks like she is going to be quite the little volleyball player.
3. After volleyball, we had time for just a tiny bit of down time and lunch before we headed out to the soccer fields for a double header. As always, I had so much fun watching my Gabriel play. He is a defensive player all the way and has great instincts when it comes to how, when, where to defend. We are so proud of him!
4. Nonna took us to one of our favorite hamburger places, Mighty Fine, for dinner. After a busy day, we all felt as if we deserved the night off from cooking.
5. My mom and I were the first ones to rise on Sunday, and it was so nice to spend some quiet time with her visiting over a cup of tea.
6. Sunday afternoon found us watching movies and relaxing. We have discovered that a Saturday at the soccer fields has us all suffering from some allergy issues on Sunday. But, it is usually nothing that a little rest, relaxation, and movie time will not cure.
7. Sean made one of my favorite meals for dinner Sunday night. Actually, he is making it as I sit here with a movie of our weekend playing in my mind.
8. I made these delicious No-Knead Crescent Rolls last week, and I loved them so much that I made them again on Sunday. The boys love for me to make sandwiches out of them to pack in their school lunches.
The last batch lasted less than three days. I have mentioned before how much I adore Lauren’s blog, and I continue to stalk it every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, eagerly awaiting her new recipes. She has mentioned that she wants to write a cookbook at some point, and I so hope that she fulfills that dream. If she does, I know that I will have so much fun when it arrives on my doorstep.
Enjoy your week!
I linked up at the following:
I Should Be Mopping the Floor for Mop It Up Mondays
Delightfully Dowling for Mangia Mondays
Mrs. Happy Homemaker for Making You Crave Mondays
Add a Pinch for Mingle Mondays