I celebrated a little birthday on Sunday. And, it was great.
My sister spoiled me with a manicure and pedicure.
My parents came in to spend part of the day with me.
The littles showered me with presents.
Sean made me a delicious dinner, which I will definitely blog about later.
I decided to make my own cake. I knew in my head what I wanted, and I just hoped that it would turn out exactly like I had imagined it.
White Chocolate Strawberry Cheesecake
For the Crust
- 1 package Oreos
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
For the Cheesecake
- 3 8 ounce packages of cream cheese, softened
- 1 10 ounce can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
For Strawberry Sauce
- 10-12 strawberries, diced
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 3 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup white chocolate chips, melted
- 16 ounces heaving whipping cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 300.
- Spray a springform pan with cooking spray.
To Prepare the Crust
- Place the Oreos in a blender or food processor, and blend/pulse until finely chopped (crumbs).
- Pour the Oreo crumbs into a bowl, and add the melted butter.
- Mix together, and then press into the bottom of a greased springform pan.
- Heat a sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add the strawberries, corn starch, sugar, and water. Stir to combine.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the burner and allow to cool.
Making the Cheesecake
- Place the cream cheese in the bowl of a mixer, and mix until fluffy.
- Slowly add the sweetened condense milk, and continue to mix together.
- Once well-blended, add the lemon juice.
- Add the eggs and vanilla, and mix until combined.
- Pour half of the mixture into the pan, on top of the Oreo crumb crust.
- Spoon the strawberry mixture by teaspoon into the cheesecake, adding about 6 teaspoons of the strawberry mixture.
- Using a knife, cut through the cheesecake and strawberries to gently swirl the sauce.
- Add the remaining cheesecake mixture.
- Repeat the strawberry step.
- Add the melted white chocolate by teaspoons.
- Using a knife, cut through the strawberries and white chocolate to swirl it all together.
- Bake for 45 minutes, until almost set.
- Remove from oven and cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Run a knife around the edges to loosen, and cool for another hour.
- Refrigerate over-night, and then remove the sides of the pans.
Preparing the Whipping Cream
- Add the heaving whipping cream to a bowl.
- Beat with an electric mixer on low speed.
- Slowly add the powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Continue to beat for 8-12 minutes, until stiff, fluffy peaks start to form.
Decorating the Cheesecake
- Pipe whipped cream around the edges, using a decorating tip.
- Place sliced strawberries in the center.
For inquiring minds…38 feels pretty great.
I have shared this recipe at Crazy for Crust, The 36th Avenue, Something Swanky, The King’s Court, My Sweet and Savory, Sugar and Dots, Ginger Snap Crafts, Hugs & Cookies, Lil’ Luna, My Girlish Whims, Lady Behind the Curtain, Daily Organized Chaos, Passionately Artistic, Remodelaholic, This Chick Cooks, Polka Dots On Parade, Creations by Kara, Something Swanky, The 36th Avenue, It’s a Keeper, Somewhat Simple, Allie Makes, Miz Helen’s, Fireflies and Jellybeans, A Creative Princess, Delightful Order, A Little Nosh, Bizzy Bakes, Alli ‘N Son, Sweet as Sugar Cookies, Gingerbread, A Well Seasoned Life, Moms Crazy Cooking, Cajun Sugar Pie, and Blue Cricket Design.