What’s for Breakfast – Recipe: Turkey and Egg Breakfast Wrap
I am not always the best about eating a healthy breakfast. I do know that it is the most important meal of the day. And, because I know that, I do try to find, create, discover recipes that I know that my family will enjoy. Weekday mornings are often so crazy that the boys eat fruit and cereal. They leave for school at around 7 each morning. And, for us, that is really early. They are like me, in that they do not have a hearty appetite in the morning. Summer prefers pancakes or anything with bread, no matter what time she gets up.
So, sometimes I experiment with breakfast at lunch or dinner, hoping to find something that will spark our early morning appetites, as well. This wrap did the trick.
Turkey and Egg Breakfast Wrap
- 1 piece of Flatbread
- Cream cheese, chive and garlic flavor
- 1 slice of deli cheese
- 2 slices of deli turkey
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Sliced avocado
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place flatbread on a baking sheet. Spread both sides with cream cheese. Half the cheese slice, and put one half on each side of the flatbread.
- Spray a small frying pain with cooking spray. Fry two pieces of turkey over medium heat for about 3 minutes.
- Add one slice of turkey to each side of the flatbread.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes.
- While baking, add 1 tablespoon of butter to a small frying pan, and heat over medium heat. Once the pan is hot, add the eggs, and fry according to how you like your fried eggs best - sunny side up, over easy, etc.
- Remove the flatbread from the oven, and add one egg on each side.
- Top with avocados and fold together.
- Serve with fruit and enjoy!
I am sharing this recipe over at A Little Nosh.