I have decided that there are critical steps to take in order to have a good Monday.
1. Wake up and ignore the puffy eyes. Puffy eyes only make me want to go back to sleep. Ignoring puffy eyes makes me think that maybe they went away for awhile.
2. Watch the older littles ride scooters before school.
3. Read some of my favorite blogs to get inspired. Blogs such as this (awesome bundt caking), this (pumpkin pancakes, oh my!), this (beautiful oatmeal cookies), and this (frito chili pie) always do the trick.
6. Watch my girl smile with pure delight as she continues to paint. She is inspired on this Monday, too!
7. Instead of getting discouraged, give myself a peptalk about how I can figure out all of the things – Facebook, Twitter, etc. – that are so new to me. Seeing this cute little face helps…because she does not care how technologically savvy her mom is.
8. Create some Fall-inspired cookies. While they did not turn out exactly as I had hoped, they are almost there. And, I will keep trying.
9. Receive some hand-picked flowers from the yard, from my girl.
10. Dream of cooler weather, trick-or-treating, and lazy days with a cup of tea and these mini pumpkin muffins.
I frosted them with this frosting. Enjoy!