Recipe: Candy Corn Chex Cereal Snack Mix
I posted this recipe on Friday. And, this one is almost identical. But, as I have mentioned, I am craving everything Fall-related – food, weather, traditions, holidays, celebrations, fun. So, I decided to put a little Fall into our home yesterday with Tortilla Soup, pumpkin granola, and this after school snack. Mainly, I wanted to share it so that you can see how easy it is to change up most recipes to make them whatever you want them to be. Just add your loving touches and/or your favorite foods, and you have a new creation for your family.
Candy Corn Chex Cereal Snack Mix
3 cups Rice Chex cereal
2 cups Corn Chex cereal
1 cup Cocoa cereal (I used a gluten-free one.)
1 cup popcorn, popped
1/4 cup pecans, chopped
1/4 cup almonds
1/2 cup salted cashews
1 cup candy corn
1/2 cup canola oil
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup Karo syrup
1 tsp vanilla
1 teaspoon cinnamon, optional
- Cover a baking pan with foil or parchment paper, and lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Mix the cereal, nuts, candy corn and popcorn together in a big bowl.
- Add the oil, brown sugar, and Karo syrup to saucepan and cook over medium heat until boiling. Continue to boil, while stirring, for another 2 minutes. Remove from heat and add the vanilla.
- Immediately pour the hot mixture over the cereal, and gently mix it all together.
- Pour the cereal mixture onto the baking pan, and then spread it around.
- Sprinkle cinnamon over the top.
Originally adapted form Our Best Bites Sweet & Salty Caramel Snack Mix