Happiness Is..- Recipe: Chex Cereal Snack Mix
Happiness is being a wife and a mom.
Happiness is watching my oldest little play soccer on Saturdays.
Happiness is watching our team play football.
Happiness is Pinterest….because it is cool.
Happiness is seeing how happy it made my youngest little to play beauty shop…even when I was feeling just a bit under the weather. (No, I do not have on a stitch of make-up. Yes, Summer did the entire make-over all by herself. )
Happiness is having lunch with the almost birthday boy.
Happiness is Dublin Dr. Pepper….in a bottle.
Happiness is pizza night.
Happiness is Fridays…because the weekend, in all of its peace and beauty, is just beginning.
Happiness is finding this recipe over at Our Best Bites this morning so that I could create it into a Friday afternoon snack.
2 cups Rice Chex cereal
2 cups Corn Chex cereal
2 cups Honey Nut Chex cereal
1 cup popcorn, popped
1/4 cup macadmia nuts
1/4 cup almonds
1/2 cup salted cashews
1/2 cup canola oil
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup Karo syrup
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup milk chocolate M&M's
- Cover a baking pan with foil or parchment paper, and lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Mix the cereal and nuts together in a big bowl.
- Add the oil, brown sugar, and Karo syrup to saucepan and cook over medium heat until boiling. Continue to boil, while stirring, for another 2 minutes. Remove from heat and add the vanilla.
- Immediately pour the hot mixture over the cereal, and gently mix it all together.
- Pour the cereal mixture onto the baking pan, and then spread it around.
- After about 2-3 minutes, add the M&M's. Allow to cool and then serve to happy littles for a delightful Friday afternoon surprise.
Adapted from Our Best Bites Sweet & Salty Caramel Snack Mix
Yes, happiness is seeing the look of pure delight on the faces of my littles as they walked through the door and saw this special snack.
Happiness is really whatever you want it to be. Look around. Find something that makes you happy…and do not forget to smile. 🙂