We have had a lazy summer day, just the way that we like them. There was sleeping late while the littlest little snoozed beside me, Sean snoozed beside her, and the biggest little came sneaking in to see if anyone was awake yet. I will not even tell what time of the morning that it was because it was late, and it was awesome! We had a late breakfast followed by reading, games, and movies, everyone just kind of doing their own thing. After lunch, the kids decided to swim. It did not last long, but it was long enough to cool off in the sweltering Texas heat. We had pajamas on by early evening, ready to prepare dinner and go back to reading, playing games, and watching movies. It was a great, lazy summer day.
- Breakfast – Egg, bean, and goat cheese taquitos (recipe coming next week), bacon, juice or milk
- Lunch – Leftover beef, bean, and goat cheese taquitos, chicken and goat cheese tostados, pico de gallo (will post recipe later), and pineapple and nectarine pico de gallo (will post recipe later)
- Dinner – Pork tenderloin with apple chutney, salad, rice, and corn
- Dessert – Almond butter rice crispy treats (will post the recipe if it turns out to be as delicious as it smells)
- Snack – Apple slices with sunflower seed spread
I will post new recipes next week. Enjoy your weekend!