Today’s Recipes – Beef Taquitos
We had a yummy food day, and it made me excited to cook new food again. While I realize that some of these recipes and menus are very simple, I still want to post them in case there are other people who find themselves in our situation and struggling with what to prepare for each meal. I am posting my spaghetti sauce below. It is incredibly simple, but I often get asked for the recipe. So, I decided that simple is often good.
- Breakfast – Banana slices, apple slices, and Sunbutter sunflower seed bread (we used this one and loved it)
- Lunch – Beef, bean, and goat cheese taquitos, chips and salsa, and strawberries
- Dinner – Spaghetti (gluten free) and meat sauce, lettuce salad, and fruit salad
Taco meat (prepared ahead of time)
Refried beans (prepared ahead of time)
- Preheat oven to 425. Cover baking pan with foil.
- Heat the corn tortillas in the microwave, working with 3 at a time. Place a damp cloth between each tortilla, and heat for 30 seconds. The damp cloth will add moisture to the tortillas and make them easier to fold without cracking.
- Add about 1 tablespoon of taco meat, 1 tablespoon of refried beans, and 1 tablespoon of cheese. Roll up as tight as you can, and place seam side down onto prepared pan.
- Keep rolling them up until you are out of ingredients or tortillas, whichever comes first.
- Spray with cooking spray and lightly sprinkle with kosher salt.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
Tagged taquitos. Bookmark the permalink.